Middle School: Grades 6-8
Independent Learning and Skill-Development for the Middle Years
Calvert’s comprehensive curriculum
materials are delivered directly to families.
The educational journey continues through the Middle School years with Calvert’s academically rigorous program, reflective of the highest international standards. Our accredited curriculum inspires and motivates students to become successful, independent learners who are prepared to succeed in high school and beyond.
- All Calvert Middle School programs include a variety of learning approaches, along with multi-sensory and hands-on activities that appeal to a variety of learning styles.
- These activities ensure that students are presented with concepts in multiple ways to reinforce key concepts and lead to concept mastery.
- Our 6th–8th Grade curriculum focuses on the four core subject areas: Language Arts, Math, Science, and History.
- Students develop independent learning strategies, further their reading comprehension skills, begin exploring advanced math concepts in preparation for higher level math courses, read classic literature, write original composition pieces, explore physical and life sciences, and study the geography, culture, and politics of the world around them.
- World Languages and advanced Math courses are also available.
A Blend of Online and Offline Content
At Calvert, we understand that today’s students learn differently. That’s why we continually review our programs to include the most up-to-date approaches and technologies that appeal to Middle School learners. E-books and other online resources have been integrated into our curriculum to provide students with a dynamic, fun, and enriching learning experience. We also offer a variety of options to individualize the program for each student.
Our comprehensive Middle School curriculum combines strong academics with the necessary tools to develop independent learning strategies that will fully equip your students for success in high school and higher educational pursuits. Learn more about our program options below.
EXPLORE OUR CURRICULUM BY GRADE
If you’re searching for a comprehensive solution, you’ve found it. Each easy-to-use grade-level package combines the best classroom-tested materials, teacher-created, step-by-step Lesson Manuals, engaging online resources, and proven educational methodologies, all in one meticulously planned curriculum that guides students through each day of learning with superb lesson plans. Explore our complete curriculum by grade level.
Our individual courses are a great way to mix and match classes to create a complete educational program for students. These courses can be used to round out a blended learning curriculum, supplement a traditional brick-and-mortar school program, or to brush up on skills over the summer.
VERTICY FOR STRUGGLING STUDENTS
Verticy Learning is a complete or supplemental curriculum designed for students in Grades 3 – 8 who struggle with reading, spelling, writing, or math for a variety of reasons including dyslexia or other learning challenges. Designed for at-home and blended learning settings, this program is based on a simple premise: children who learn differently should be taught differently. Verticy is designed for one-to-one instruction, is self-paced, and offers both print and online versions. Verticy improves academic confidence in students and rekindles a love of learning.